Lecture & Problem Session
This course includes three different components:
- In the lecture you learn about new topics. For this part of the course there exists a bilingual scriptum, which you may use during the exam. The scriptum will be handed out to you in the lecture.
- In the problem session examples corresponding to the topics of the last week will be illustrated. By these examples it should be possible for you to work on the weekly assigned homeworks.
- Additionally we offer a tutorial, where a tutor (a student from a higher semester) discusses problems with you. This tutor will also correct your homework.
Here you find a list of frequently asked questions for AMII in German.
Every week you will get a new worksheet with 5 problems. On any problem you can get up to 10 credit points. Your solutions must be handed to your tutor by the next week
During the semester you will find more information on problems here.
|1st sheet||solutions||21.04.09||30.04.09||Elemmentary differential equation|
|2nd sheet||solutions||28.04.09||7.05.09||Vector spaces|
|3rd sheet||solutions||5.05.09||14.05.09||Linear maps and matrices|
|4th sheet||solutions||12.05.09||20.05.09||Theory of solving linear systems, Determinants|
|5th sheet||solutions||19.05.09||28.05.09||Eigenvectors and eigenvalues|
|6th sheet||solutions||27.05.09||4.06.09||Homogeneous linear DE of n-th order|
|7th sheet||solutions||2.06.09||11.06.09||Linear systems of differential equations|
|8th sheet||solutions||9.06.09||18.06.09||Inhomogeneous differential equations|
|9th sheet||solutions||16.06.09||25.06.09||The power series method|
|10th sheet||solutions||23.06.09||2.07.09||Laplace-transform, Application on initial value problems|
|11th sheet||solutions||30.06.09||9.07.09||Integrals depending on parameters, Convolution|
|12th sheet||solutions||7.07.09||16.07.09||Vector valued functions of several variables, Differentiability|
Monday,3:45p.m.-5:15p.m., ID SR Raum 202
Maple - Worksheets
In addition to the Advanced Mathematics lectures and the textbook (German) there are Maple Worksheets available. You can download each worksheet as ".mw" files and work on it on your computer.
The exam in Advanced Mathematics I takes place in February/March, and in Advanced Mathematics II in August. It is also possible to write both exams in August. The two exams are graded together, so that you don't get a grade directly after the first exam in Advanced Mathematics in March. However, the points that you got on this exam will be announced and considered for the final grade after the exam in Advanced Mathematics II.
To participate in the final exam, you have to be granted an attestation for: (The numbers below are last years values, they may change.)
- achieveing at least 125 points on the worksheets from 1 to 10. This is 25% of all the points you can get (each worksheet is 50 points worth)
- having at least 5 points on 8 of those worksheets.
This attestation will be given to you by your tutor at the end of the first semester.
Besides the scriptum we can recommend the following
- T. Arens, F. Hettlich, Ch. Karpfinger, U. Kockelkorn, K. Lichtenegger, H. Stachel: Mathematik. Spektrum Akademischer Verlag, Heidelberg, 2008 (in German).
- J. Stewart: Calculus, Early Transcendentals, Brooks/Cole Publishing Company.
- K. Burg, H. Haf, F. Wille: Höhere Mathematik für Ingenieure. Band~I-III. Teubner Verlag, Stuttgart.
- E. Martensen: Analysis I--III. BI Hochschultaschenbücher. Wissenschaftsverlag Mannheim/Leipzig/Wien/Zürich.
- L. Papula: Mathematik für Ingenieure, Band 1-3. Vieweg Verlag, Braunschweig
- I.N. Bronstein, K.A. Semendjajew: Taschenbuch der Mathematik. Teubner Verlag, Stuttgart (ab 25. Auflage).
- H. Stöcker: Taschenbuch Mathematischer Formeln und Moderne Verfahren. Verlag Harri Deutsch, Frankfurt, 1993.
collection of problems
- P. Furlan: Das gelbe Rechenbuch 1-3 für Ingenieure, Naturwissenschaftler und Mathematiker. Verlag M. Furlan, Dortmund.
- G. Merziger, T. Wirth: Repetitorium der höheren Mathematik. Binomi Verlag, Springe.