Welcome to my webpage!
No office hours on 23 September and on 7 October.
|Prof. Dr. Roland Schnaubelt|
Office hour for students: Dienstag, 10:00 - 11:00 Uhr, und nach Vereinbarung
Room: 3B-03 (Kaiserstr. 89) Allianz-Gebäude (05.20)
Tel.: +49 721 608 48955
Fax.: +49 721 608 47650
Welcome to my webpage!
- Analysis I (in German). Lecture in winter semester 2007/08. Downlowad the pdf file.
- Analysis II (in German). Lecture in summer semester 2008. Downlowad the pdf file.
- Analysis III (in German). Lecture in winter semester 2008/09. Downlowad the pdf file.
- Funktionentheorie I (in German). Lecture in summer semester 2009. Downlowad the pdf file.
- Functional Analysis. Lecture in winter semester 2009/10. Downlowad the pdf file.
- Functional Analysis. Lecture in winter semester 2011/12. Downlowad the pdf file.
- Spectral Theory. Lecture in summer semester 2010. Downlowad the pdf file.
- Evolution Equations. Lecture in winter semester 2010/11. Downlowad the pdf file.
- Asymptotics of Evolution Equations. Lecture in summer semester 2011. Downlowad the pdf file.
- Operator Semigroups and Dispersive Equations. Internet Seminar on Evolution Equations. Winter semester 2012/13. Downlowad the pdf file.
The manuscripts are corrected if mistakes are noted. The date of the respective version is indicated on the titlepage. The manuscripts Analysis I-III and Funktionentheorie I do not contain proofs, but illustrations and an index.
Internet Seminar 2014/15: Form methods for evolution equations, and applications
The internet seminar on evolution equation has been organized every year since 1997 by several working groups in Germany, Italy, Hungary and the Netherlands. It was founded by the functional analysis group in Tübingen. The participants are advanced master/diploma students and Ph.D students. From October to February the participants obtain weekly study material at a website. They are supervised by local coordinators at their university (in Karlsruhe: P.Kunstmann and R. Schnaubelt). From March to June they work in (internationally mixed) small groups on a project and report on it in June at the final workshop. This year's workshop takes place in Blaubeuren near Ulm, Germany, from 30 May to 6 June.
This year the internet seminar is organised by Wolfgang Arendt (Ulm), Ralph Chill (Dresden), Christian Seifert (Hamburg-Harburg), Hendrik Vogt (Clausthal) und Jürgen Voigt (Dresden) . In the seminar we study symmetric and sectorial forms on Hilbert spaces which are a powerful tool to treat a variety of parabolic equations. The lecture functional analysis is required. More details you can find in this pdf file. If interested, please inform me. One can register for the internet seminar at its web page, where further information is given.
You can find the history of this series of seminars on the internet seminar web site of our group.
- Qualitative properties of evolution equations:
- Asymptotic properties of solutions to parabolic and hyperbolic (integro-) partial differential equations: stability, convergence, invariant manifolds.
- Lp-regularity of linear parabolic partial differential equations with unbounded coefficients.
- Error analysis for numerical schemes of time integration.
- Recent research topics: Maxwell's equations, nonlinear Schrödinger equation.
- Stochastic evolution equations.
- Control theory.
- Non-autonomous linear evolution equations: asymptotic theory (in particular, exponential dichotomy), existence theory. In this context: evolution semigroups and operator sum method.
- Spectral and operator theory.
Our webpage gives an overview of the research fields and activities of our working group functional analysis.
- R. Denk, R. Schnaubelt: A structurally damped plate equation with Dirichlet-Neumann boundary conditions. Submitted. Download the pdf file.
- R. Schnaubelt: Stable and unstable manifolds for quasilinear parabolic problems with fully nonlinear dynamical boundary conditions. Submitted. Download the pdf file.
- R. Schnaubelt: Center manifolds and attractivity for quasilinear parabolic problems with fully nonlinear dynamical boundary conditions. To appear in Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. Ser. A. Download the pdf file.
- E.M. Ait Benhassi, S. Boulite, L. Maniar, R. Schnaubelt: Polynomial internal and external stability of well-posed linear systems. Submitted. Download the pdf file.
- L. Maniar, M. Meyries, R. Schnaubelt: Null controllability for parabolic problems with dynamic boundary conditions of reactive-diffusive type. Submitted. Download the pdf file.
- W. Dörfler, H. Gerner, R. Schnaubelt: Local wellposedness of a quasilinear wave equation. Submitted. Download the pdf file.
- S. Fornaro, G. Metafune, D. Pallara, R. Schnaubelt: Second order elliptic operators in L_2 with first order degeneration at the boundary and outward pointing drift. To appear in Commun. Pure Appl. Anal. Download the pdf file.
- M. Hochbruck, T. Jahnke, R. Schnaubelt, Convergence of an ADI splitting for Maxwells equations. To appear in Numer. Math. Download the pdf file.
Jan Prüss, Roland Schnaubelt, Rico Zacher: Mathematische Modelle in der Biologie. Deterministische homogene Systeme. Mathematik Kompakt. Birkhäuser, Basel, 2008. (More information.)
- Member of the Research Training Group 1294 Analysis, Simulation and Design of Nanotechnological Processes (10/10 - 03/15), supported by DFG (Germany).
- Project Qualitative behavior of parabolic problems with nonlinear dynamical and static boundary conditions (04/09 - 03/11), supported by DFG (Germany).
- Co-organisor of the cooperation project Functional analytic methods for evolution equations (05/07 - 04/09; 01/11 - 12/12) with L. Maniar and A. Rhandi, Universite de Marrakech, supported by DFG (Germany) and CNRST (Morocco). (Previous related projects: 04/01 - 03/03; 06/04 - 05/06.)
- Co-organisor of the Marie Curie exchange program Asymptotics of Operator Semigroups (11/12 - 10/16).
- Co-organisor of the cooperation project Center manifolds and stability of nonlinear partial differential equations (2004/05) with Y. Latushkin, University of Missouri-Columbia, supported by DAAD (Germany) and NSF (USA).
Co-organised conferences and sessions
- 9th Euro - Maghrebian Workshop on Evolution Equations in Marrakech, 22-26 September 2014. See website.
- Nonlinear Evolution Equations: Analysis and Numerics in the Mathematical Research Institute Oberwolfach, 16-22 March 2014. See: website, program, participants.
- Operator Semigroups and Dispersive Equations. Workshop of the 16th Internetseminar on Evolution Equations in Blaubeuren, 10-14 June 2013. See website.
- 8th Euro - Maghrebian Workshop on Evolution Equations in Lecce, 11-15 June 2012. See website.
- Evolution Equations: Randomness and Asymptotics in Bad Herrenalb, 10-14 October 2011. See website.
- 7th Workshop on Control of Distributed Parameter Systems in Wuppertal, 18-22 July 2011. See website.
- International Conference on Evolution Equations in Schmitten, Germany, 11-15 October 2010. See website.
- Special session Stability of Partial Differential Equations and Evolution Equations of the 8th AIMS Conference on Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations and Applications in Dresden, Germany, 25-28 July 2010. See website.
- Workshop Semigroups Everywhere in Tübingen, Germany, 20-22 November 2008.
- Special Session Operator Semigroups and Evolution Equations of the Joint International Meeting UMI - DMV in Perugia, Italy, 18-22 June 2007.
A short curriculum vitae
|1988-94||Study of mathematics, physics and philosophy at the Universities of Stuttgart and Tübingen (Germany). Diploma in mathematics, Tübingen|
|1996||Ph.D. in mathematics, Tübingen|
|2000||Habilitation in mathematics, Tübingen|
|2000-06||Assistant Professor at the University of Halle (C2, since 07/01)|
|2006||Professor (W3) at the University of Karlsruhe|
Here you can view a more complete curriculum vitae (pdf file).