Information for Visitors to the Department of Mathematics
Getting to Karlsruhe
The nearest airports are:
- Baden Airport (Airport Karlsruhe / Baden-Baden), about 40 minutes.
- Stuttgart Airport, located in south-east, about 70 minutes.
- Frankfurt Airport, located north, about 90 minutes away.
- Euro Airport Basel, located south, about 2 hours away.
- Strasbourg Airport, located in the south-west, about 75 minutes away.
- From Frankfurt or Freiburg: every 30 minutes there is a IC or ICE to Karlsruhe central station.
- From Stuttgart: every hour there is an IC or IR to Karlsruhe central station.
To obtain information on train schedules and prices, please visit: http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en
- Motorway A5 exit Karlsruhe-Durlach. Drive towards Stadtmitte and follow the sign posts to the KIT/University main gate.
See the site of the city of Karlsruhe at http://www.karlsruhe.de/Tourismus/anreise/ for more information on getting to Karlsruhe.
Finding the Department of Mathematics
The institutes and most divisions of the department are located in the Allianz-Gebäude, building number 05.20, Kaiserstraße 89-93. It is located at the eastern end of the pedestrian zone on the corner of Kaiserstraße/Fritz-Erler-Straße as shown on the Campus Map.
From the main station, the campus (see Lageplan) can easily be reached using the trams.
- using the stop Marktplatz:
- Lines S1/S11 (towards Neureut, Leopoldshafen/Hochstetten)
- using the stop Kronenplatz/KIT Campus Süd:
- Line 2 (towards Wolfartsweiher)
- Line 3 (towards Neureut Heide)
- Line S4 (towards Grötzinger, Bretten, Eppingen)