- Stochastic processes and their application
- Stochastic geometry
A list of my publications and pdf-files of some of my talks can be found here.
Textbook on the Poisson Process
Here you find a preliminary version of "Lectures on the Poisson Process"
by Günter Last and Mathew Penrose to published as IMS Textbook by Cambridge University Press.
A list of supervised diploma-theses can be found here.
A list of my PhD-students can be found here.
DFG Research Unit
- Speaker of the DFG Research Unit Geometry and Physics of Spatial Random Systems
- Associate Editor of Advances in Applied Probability (SGSA) (since 2005)
- Member of the Managing Comittee of the Fachgruppe Stochastik (2004-2008)
- Associate Editor of Queueing Systems: Theory and Applications (2001-2007)
Norbert Henze und Günter Last: Mathematik für Wirtschaftsingenieure
und für naturwissenschaftlich-technische Studiengänge
Günter Last received the diploma degree in mathematics from Humboldt-University in Berlin in 1984 and the PhD. also from the same university in 1987. He worked there as a scientific assistent till 1992. Then he moved to Technical University in Braunschweig, where he received Dr. Sc. degree in 1995. In 1995/96 he spent one semester as a visiting professor at the University of Kaiserslautern and 1996/97 he spent one year as visiting professor at the University of Bonn. Since 2000 he is professor (C4, since 2009 W3) at the University of Karlsruhe.