Acceptance as Doctoral Candidate
according to article 11 (2) of the Regulations for the Award of the Doctoral Degree of July 27, 2016
The application letter must be addressed to the Doctoral Admissions Committee of the KIT Department of Mathematics (Promotionsausschuss der KIT-Fakultät für Mathematik). The application form is available on the Docata registration portal at https://docata.khys.kit.edu/home
The following documents must be attached to the application letter:
- Diploma or master's certificate
- University entrance qualification certificate (Abiturzeugnis)
- Description of the professional and scientific carrer (CV).
- Declaration in writing according to Annex 5a of the Regulations for the Award of the Doctoral Degree (.doc|.pdf)
- Doctoral agreement in writing between the doctoral candidate and the supervisor with a detailed synopsis of about 1-2 pages. This includes a short description of the doctoral project in the context of current research, together with references to the literature.
- Confirmation of registration with KHYS - Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists
- Graduates of foreign universities and graduates of subjects other than mathematics have to apply for recognition of their degree as a prerequisite for admission according to Article 4, par. 2 or 3 of the Regulations for the Award of the Doctoral Degree.
- Graduates of undergraduate programs or graduates of universities of applied sciences and cooperative state universities additionally have to submit a proof of their scientific qualification according to Article. 4, pars. 5 and 6 of the Regulations for the Award of the Doctoral Degree.
The Doctoral Admissions Committee of the KIT Department decides on acceptance as doctoral candidate. The Doctoral Admissions Committee consists of the members of the Executive Commission.