Request to Defend a Dissertation
pursuant to § 13 of the doctoral regulations as of 27/07/2016
- The request is to be made in the form of an informal letter addressed to the dean and handed in at the Admissions Office no later than 10 weeks prior to the colloquium.
Enclosed with the letter should be the following documents:
- Degree certificates of Diploma or Master's degree
- An account of the professional and scientific career (CV).
- Three copies of the dissertation(1) as well as an electronic version.
- A statutory declaration pursuant to Appendix 3 of the doctoral regulations (.doc|.pdf).
- An instruction pursuant to Appendix 4 of the doctoral regulations signed by the applicant (.doc|.pdf).
- A statement pursuant to Appendix 5b of the doctoral regulations which in particular includes that the rules of good scientific practice set out by the KIT have been adhered to (Satzung as .pdf).
- A list of all scientific publications by the applicant (publication list).
- A statement, whether the members of the department are admitted to the colloquium (§17 (8) of the doctoral regulations).
- A proposal for referees (§15 (3) of the doctoral regulations).
- If applicable: documents confirming the fulfilment of supplementary requirements imposed by the doctoral committee pursuant to §4 (4).
- Applicants holding a Bachelor’s degree or a degree issued by a university of applied sciences or cooperative education have to provide evidence of their scientific qualifications pursuant to §4 (5) or (6) of the doctoral regulations.
- If the applicant is already holding a doctoral degree: the doctoral certificate.
In practice, the procedure regarding the 3 copies of the dissertation mentioned in §13 of the doctoral regulations is:
2 (3 if applicable) of the copies may be handed directly to the examiners, the 3rd, respectively 4th, copy should be handed in as a file copy together with an electronic version of the dissertation at the Dean’s office no later than 4 weeks prior to the colloquium.