Advanced Mathematics II (Summer Semester 2019)
- Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Maria Axenovich
- Classes: Lecture (0120010), Problem class (0120020)
- Weekly hours: 4+2
The next AM2 exam will take place on April 4 2020, 8-10AM
Registration is now open.
|Lecture:||Wednesday 9:45-11:15||ID SR Raum 203|
|Monday 9:45-11:15||ID SR Raum 203|
|Problem class:||Tuesday 9:45-11:15||ID SR Raum 203|
|Monday ## Zeit ##|
|Monday ## Zeit ##|
|Lecturer, Problem classes||Prof. Dr. Maria Axenovich|
|Office hours: Wed. 13:45-14:45|
|Room 1.043 Kollegiengebäude Mathematik (20.30)|
An exercise sheet will be published each week on this webpage.
Students should solve the problems and write down solutions independently and also should discuss the solutions in groups.
Only handwritten solutions will be accepted. Please do not use a pencil! The solutions will be corrected and graded by the tutors.
If you successfully work on the homework and pass the midterm test, a testat will be given to you at the end of the semester.
You can obtain the testat by getting enough points for your homework solutions. The testat is necessary for you to be admitted to the exam. For the testat, you have to satisfy the following criteria:
Obtain at least 125 points on worksheets 1 to 10. This is 25% of all the total points obtainable (each worksheet is worth 50 points).
For at least 8 of those worksheets have at least 5 points from each.
Pass the midterm test.
You need to register for the testat (prerequisites).
There is a student tutorial given by Joni Rakipi. In the tutorial you will practice solving exercises in an interactive manner. You can also ask your questions connected to lectures or problem classes.
- There will be a written exam.
- The exam will be closed book, the only material allowed is one handwritten page of notes.
- You are only allowed to take the exam if you obtained the testat (see above)!
There will be lecture notes for this class, distributed by the ID.
Besides the lecture notes, we can recommend the following text books:
- K. F. Riley, M. P. Hobson, S. J. Bence: Mathematical Methods for Physics and Engineering. Cambridge University Press.
- K. F. Riley, M. P. Hobson: Foundation Mathematics for the Physical Sciences. Cambridge University Press.
- T. Arens, F. Hettlich, Ch. Karpfinger, U. Kockelkorn, K. Lichtenegger, H. Stachel: Mathematik. Spektrum Akademischer Verlag, Heidelberg (in German).
- J. Stewart: Calculus, Early Transcendentals. Brooks/Cole Publishing Company.
- K. Burg, H. Haf, F. Wille: Höhere Mathematik für Ingenieure. Volumes I-III. Teubner Verlag, Stuttgart (in German).
- E. Kreyszig: Advanced Engineering Mathematics. John Wiley & Sons.
- E.W. Swokowski, M. Olinick, D. Pence, J.A. Cole: Calculus. PWS Publishing Company. Boston.