Friday Seminar (Winter Semester 2013/14)
- Lecturer: Torsten Ueckerdt
- Classes: Seminar (0127300)
- Weekly hours: 0
- Audience: mathematics, computer science (from 3. semester)
The Friday Seminar is an informal weekly seminar for
- members of discrete mathematics group
- students in the group
- everybody else that is interested
Every week there is one speaker that gives a talk of one of the following kind
- presentation of original research
- introduction into an open problem that he/she currently works on
- presentation of proposed plan for bachelor, master, diploma or PhD thesis
- presentation of results from bachelor, master, diploma or PhD thesis
- presentation of research paper that might be of interest for the group
|Seminar:||Friday 9:45-11:15||Z 1 Geb. 01.85||Begin: 18.11.2013|
|Room Kollegiengebäude Mathematik (20.30)|
- THIS WEEK'S SEMINAR TAKES PLACE ON THURSDAY 9:45 IN ROOM 602 OF BUILDING 10.50 (Kollegiengebäude Bauingenieure II).
- The seminar has been moved to Fridays at 9:45 in room Z1.
Thursday February 13, 9:45
Powers of Hamilton Cycles in Pseudorandom Graphs
We study sufficient conditions when a pseudorandom graph contains a -th power of a Hamilton cycle (and thus a -factor). In particular our results improve upon the known bounds for graphs, i.e. those -regular graphs with vertices, whose second largest eigenvalue (in absolute value) of the adjacency matrix is at most . In my talk I will give a motivation for study of the problems of this type and an outline of the proof.
This is joint work with Peter Allen, Julia Böttcher, Hiep Han and Yoshiharu Kohayakawa.
- 2014/02/07 -- Sarah Lutteropp -- On Layered Drawings of Planar Graphs
- 2014/01/31 -- Stefan Walzer -- Tron : A Two Player Game on Graphs
- 2014/01/24 -- Annette Karrer -- Simultaneous Embeddings of Outerplanar Graphs
- 2014/01/17 -- Torsten Ueckerdt -- The Density of Fan-Planar Graphs
- 2014/01/10 -- Maria Axenovich -- On Distinguishing Colorings
- 2013/12/13 -- Fabian Stroh -- Coloring Graphs Using Topological Lemmas
- 2013/12/06 -- Enrica Cherubini -- Coloring Mixed Hypergraphs
- 2013/11/29 -- Jonathan Rollin -- Hamiltonicity In Sparse Graphs With High Chromatic Number
- 2013/11/18 -- Torsten Ueckerdt -- Scattered Sets in Cocomparability Graphs