Advanced Mathematics III (Lecture) (Winter Semester 2019/20)
- Lecturer: Dr. Michael Schrödl-Baumann, Sven Caspart
- Classes: Lecture (0160000), Problem class (0170000)
- Weekly hours: 4+2
The second exam will take place on 10th of August, 9:00-11:00. Because of the Corona epedemic, the exam will be held in a tent on Forum square next to the Audimax lecture theatre and special regulations apply. Please arrive at the tent on Monday morning at
to register on site. THIS ARRIVAL TIME IS MANDATORY as all participating students (English and German speaking) have to be able to register before the exam starts.
Special regulations apply:
- Within the tent it is required to wear a mask over mouth and nose until you are seated at one of the desks.
- At the given arrival time, please join the queue at one of the registration desks keeping the necessary minimal distance to other students.
- For registration, you have to bring you KIT student ID card and a signed copy of the "Declaration on the Absence of a Suspected Corona Virus Infection in an Examination of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)" ( https://intranet.kit.edu/downloads/declaration-examination.pdf ). Please date and sign the declaration on the morning of the exam.
- When registering, you will be handed an envelope with the exam problems and some sheets of paper to solve the problems on. Take this envelope with you to one of the desks in the tent. The envelope will remain closed.
- At 9am, the usual announcements for an exam will be made. You may then open the envelope and start working on the exam. Conditions on materials you are allowed to bring with you are given below.
- After the exam time has elapsed, please staple your solutions to the exam paper and put everything back in the envelope. Please bring a sufficiently strong stapler with you for this purpose.
- We will ask students to leave the tent row by row. When you are asked to do so, leave your desk, put the envelope with your solutions into one of the boxes provided and leave the tent by the nearest exit.
Have a successful exam!
|Lecture:||Tuesday 14:00-15:30||ID SR Raum 203|
|Thursday 14:00-15:30||ID SR Raum 203|
|Problem class:||Tuesday 9:45-11:15||ID SR Raum 203||Begin: 22.10.2019|
|Lecturer||Dr. Michael Schrödl-Baumann|
|Office hours: by appointment|
Kollegiengebäude Mathematik (20.30)
|Email: email@example.com||Problem classes||Sven Caspart|
|Office hours: by appointment|
|Room Kollegiengebäude Mathematik (20.30)|
An exercise sheet will be published each week on Friday on this webpage.
Students should solve the problems and write down solutions independently and also should discuss the solutions in groups.
Only handwritten solutions will be accepted. Please do not use a pencil! The solutions will be corrected and graded by the tutors.
If you successfully work on the homework and pass the midterm test, a testat will be given to you at the end of the semester.
exercisesheet01.pdf|Exercise Sheet 1
exercisesheet02.pdf|Exercise Sheet 2
exercisesheet03.pdf|Exercise Sheet 3
exercisesheet04.pdf|Exercise Sheet 4
exercisesheet05.pdf|Exercise Sheet 5
exercisesheet06.pdf|Exercise Sheet 6
exercisesheet07.pdf|Exercise Sheet 7
exercisesheet08.pdf|Exercise Sheet 8
exercisesheet09.pdf|Exercise Sheet 9
exercisesheet10.pdf|Exercise Sheet 10
exercisesheet11.pdf|Exercise Sheet 11
exercisesheet12.pdf|Exercise Sheet 12
exercisesheet13.pdf|Exercise Sheet 13
Proposals for Solutions
exercisesheet01_with_solutions.pdf|Proposal for a solution for Exercise Sheet 1
exercisesheet02_with_solutions.pdf|Proposal for a solution for Exercise Sheet 2
exercisesheet03_with_solutions.pdf|Proposal for a solution for Exercise Sheet 3
exercisesheet04_with_solutions.pdf|Proposal for a solution for Exercise Sheet 4
exercisesheet05_with_solutions.pdf|Proposal for a solution for Exercise Sheet 5
exercisesheet06_with_solutions.pdf|Proposal for a solution for Exercise Sheet 6
exercisesheet07_with_solutions.pdf|Proposal for a solution for Exercise Sheet 7
exercisesheet08_with_solutions.pdf|Proposal for a solution for Exercise Sheet 8
exercisesheet09_with_solutions.pdf|Proposal for a solution for Exercise Sheet 9
exercisesheet10_with_solutions.pdf|Proposal for a solution for Exercise Sheet 10
exercisesheet11_with_solutions.pdf|Proposal for a solution for Exercise Sheet 11
exercisesheet12_with_solutions.pdf|Proposal for a solution for Exercise Sheet 12
exercisesheet13_with_solutions.pdf|Proposal for a solution for Exercise Sheet 13
You can obtain the testat by getting enough points for your homework solutions. The testat is necessary for you to be admitted to the exam. For the testat, you have to satisfy the following criteria:
- Obtain at least 125 points on worksheets 1 to 7 and 9 to 11 combined (worksheet 8 is a bonus sheet and does not count). This is 25% of all the total points obtainable (each worksheet is worth 50 points).
- For at least 8 of those worksheets have at least 5 points from each.
- Pass the midterm test. midterm_exam_with_solutions.pdf|Proposal for a solution for the midterm test
You need to register for the testat (prerequisites).
There is a student tutorial given by Yueyang Cai, Wednesday 5:30 PM, ID Room 101. In the tutorial you will practice solving exercises in an interactive manner. You can also ask your questions connected to lectures or problem classes.
- There will be a written exam on 29.02.2020 at 9:00-11:00.
- The exam will be open book, allowed are the AM scripts (I-III) with your handwritten notes inside (no glued or added pages), one formula book and one mathematical textbook. No calculators are allowed.
- You are only allowed to take the exam if you obtained the testat (see above)!
- Don't forget to BRING YOUR STUDENT ID.