Introduction to fluid dynamics (Summer Semester 2021)
- Lecturer: Dr. Christian Zillinger
- Classes: Lecture (0165800)
- Weekly hours: 2
This lecture gives an introduction to mathematical fluid dynamics.
For more information please register at the lecture's ilias page.
The default language of this lecture is English, but if desired by all students it can also be held in German.
|Lecturer||Dr. Christian Zillinger|
|Office hours: by appointment|
|Room 2.024 Kollegiengebäude Mathematik (20.30)|
Key topics will be:
- physical motivation of the incompressible Euler and Navier-Stokes equations,
- Vorticity-Stream formulation and Eulerian and Lagrangian coordinates,
- Local existence theory and energy methods,
- Weak solutions and the Beale-Kato-Majda criterion.
- Majda, Andrew and Bertozzi, Andrea. "Vorticity and incompressible flow. Cambridge texts in applied mathematics." Appl. Mech. Rev. 55.4 (2002): B77-B78.
- Chorin, Alexandre Joel and Marsden, Jerrold E. . A mathematical introduction to fluid mechanics. Vol. 168. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1990.
- Batchelor, C. K., and G. K. Batchelor. An introduction to fluid dynamics. Cambridge university press, 2000.