- Please recall the changed time slots (10:00-11:30 am).
- The first Teams meeting for this course is postponed to Wednesday, April 14, 2021, 10:00-11:30 am. This is a onetime change. All information (Slides, Recording) will be provided in ILIAS.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the tutorial is held online. Specific details concerning the current organization are provided here.
The practical course focuses on applications of mathematics in fluid dynamics. In this context
• mathematical modeling,
• numerical simulation (with lattice Boltzmann methods),
• high performance computing and
• evaluation, presentation as well as interpretation of the results
based on examples is learned.
Suggestions for problems to be addressed by the students are welcome.
A flow problem is to be formulated, simulated and the results analyzed under guidance. For this purpose, the software library OpenLB, which we co-develop, is provided.
These projects are to be worked on in small groups and a written documentation is to be prepared. At the end of the semester, each group will give a short presentation on their results.
Attendance is mandatory for the first two dates and for the final lecture dates.
The ILIAS course is located here:
Location: Math building 20.30, room -1.031
|Laboratory:||Tuesday 9:45-11:15||Poolraum -1.031|
|Friday 9:45-11:15||Poolraum -1.031|
|Supervisor||M.Sc. Stephan Simonis|
|Office hours: by appointment|
|Room 3.022 Kollegiengebäude Mathematik (20.30)|
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Supervisor||Dr. Mathias J. Krause|
|Office hours: freitags 10:00 - 11:00 nach Vereinbarung|
|Room 210 Institut für mechanische Verfahrenstechnik und Mechanik (30.70)|