Mathematical Modelling and Simulation (Wintersemester 2018/19)
- Dozent*in: PD Dr. Gudrun Thäter
- Veranstaltungen: Vorlesung (0109400), Übung (0109410)
- Semesterwochenstunden: 2+1
The general aim of this lecture course is threefold:
1) to interconnect different mathematical fields
2) to connect mathematics and real life problems
3) to learn to be critical and to ask relevant questions.
We start on October 15th with the lecture - no problem class yet since we work throughout the semester on the projects instead.
|Vorlesung:||Montag 9:45-11:15||Building 10.50 Room 602|
|Übung:||Dienstag 15:45-17:15||SR 3.61|
|Dozentin, Übungsleiterin||PD Dr. Gudrun Thäter|
|Sprechstunde: Nach Absprache|
|Zimmer 3.023 Kollegiengebäude Mathematik (20.30)|
We deal with topics such as
- Lectures Oct. 22/29
- Research with Game theory
- Podcast Episode on perfect equilibria (German)
- Podcast Episode on special types of auctions (German)
Simulation of traffic
- My Course on Traffic models (in German) with links to all related Podcast Episodes
- Chaotic behaviour as audio
- Podcast on Julia Sets
- Link to Logistic map calculator
- Link to Logistic Map on the Wolfram platform
- Link to Cantor lines calculator
- Link to Collection of Strange attractors
- Link to Examples for strange attractors
Fluids and flow
There are no special prerequisites.
During the lecture course there will be one lecture of a person from industry (before Christmas) and one excursion (at the end of the lecture course).
To earn the credits you have to attend the lecture and finish the work on one project during the term in a group of 2-3 persons. The topic of the project is up to the choice of each group. The exam is an oral exam.
Hans-Joachim Bungartz e.a.: Modeling and Simulation: An Application-Oriented Introduction,
Springer, 2013 (English)