I am a permanent member of the Faculty with own teaching. My research focuses on Fluid Dynamics and the of modelling flow. I am a member of the Lattice Boltzmann Reserach Group. Here we work and teach lehren in a strong collaboration with process engineers. I am a member of the graduate school https://www.simet.kit.edu/, where we simulate the life span of batteries.
I am currently a deputy speaker in the KIT-Centre MathSEE in the area Mathematical modeling, differential equations, numerics, simulation. I helped to organise our first workshop in 2020 and, in particular, I organised the panel discussion.
For the German Association of Mathematicians (DMV) I am serving as Editor of our journal Mitteilungen der DMV (2021-2024).
- Four research projects were funded by StartUp-Budgets of KIT.
- We were working successfully in the long term BMBF Project Lehre^Forschung (2012-2020)
- ZIM-Project Lightmarker 2016-2018 together with iXpoint and the KIT-faculty of architecture.
- Teaching4Future (2020-2023) wit HAW Mannheim
- 3 PhD students (two finished)
- 24 Diploma students
- 2 Teacher students
- 41 Master students
- 32 Bachelor theses