Kollegseminar des Graduiertenkollegs (Wintersemester 2007/08)
- Dozent*in: Prof. Dr. Willy Dörfler, Prof. Dr. Vincent Heuveline, Prof. i. R. Dr. Andreas Kirsch, Prof. Dr. Michael Plum, Prof. Dr. Andreas Rieder , Prof. Dr. Guido Schneider, Prof. i. R. Dr. Lutz Weis, Prof. Dr. Christian Wieners
- Veranstaltungen: Seminar (1250)
- Semesterwochenstunden: 2
- Hörerkreis: Mathematik (ab 7. Semester)
|Seminar:||Montag 15:45-17:15||Seminarraum 11|
In this seminar members of the Research Training Group 1294
"Analysis, Simulation and Design of Nanotechnological Processes" will present
results of their ongoing work.
11. Februar 2008 um 15:45, Seminarraum 11
- Prof. Charles Stuart (EPF Lausanne): Modeling axi-symmetric traveling waves in a dielectric with nonlinear refractive index
- We consider the propagation of monochromatic travelling waves through a dielectric medium with a nonlinear refractive index. The medium may be heterogeneous, but it has cylindrical symmetry. We consider all travelling waves having this cylindrical symmetry. We show that, for such solutions, Maxwell's equations reduce to a system of six coupled second order ordinary differential equations. The usual equations for TE and TM modes appear as special cases of this system.
04. Februar 2008 um 15:45, Seminarraum 11
- Melanie Reimers, Maria Radosz
28. Januar 2008 um 15:45, Seminarraum 11
- Tatjana Bulovjatova, Arne Schneck
21. Januar 2008 um 15:45, Seminarraum 11
- Axel Kraemer: A posteriori error estimation in eigenvalue problems
14. Januar 2008 um 15:45, Seminarraum 11
- Armin Lechleiter, Hannes Gerner und Nicolas Neuß
17. Dezember 2007 um 15:45-17:15, Seminarraum 11
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Reichel
- A-priori bounds for discrete and continuous elliptic boundary value problems
- Zusammenfassung: On a bounded domain consider nonlinear elliptic boundary value problems of the form \Delta u = f(x,u) together with its finite difference discretization \Delta_h u = f(x,u). If positive weak solutions of the continuous problem (with zero Dirichlet boundary conditions) satisfy apriori bounds, is the same true for the discretized problem? In this talk I will address some recent developments concerning this question.
Prof. Dr. Roland Schnaubelt
- Wellposedness of Maxwell's equations with boundary control and observation
- Zusammenfassung: We consider linear homogeneous Maxwell's equations with time depending scalar electric permittivity and magnetic permeability subject to a certain class of boundary control and observation. The wellposedness of this control system is established by treating it as a multiplicative time varying perturbation of a time invariant control problem.
03. Dezember 2007 um 15:45, Seminarraum 11
- Ferenc Izsak (Gast)
- Titel: A posteriori error estimation and h-adaptive finite element methods for the time harmonic Maxwell equations
- Abstract: An h-adaptive finite element approximation of the time harmonic Maxwell equations is presented. As a main ingredient of the adaptation algorithm a local a posteriori error estimate is analyzed. The performance of the error estimator and the FE solver are tested on a series of non-trivial examples.
26. November 2007 um 15:45, Seminarraum 11
- Alexander Bulovyatov
17. Oktober 2007 um 14:00, Seminarraum 11
- Dr. Tomas Dohnal:
- "Gap Solitons and Coupled Mode Equations in Periodic Structures"
- Dr. Christian Engstrom and Markus Richter:
- "Spectrum of the Periodic Maxwell Operator in a Dispersive Medium"