Advanced Mathematics II (Summer Semester 2010)
- Lecturer: PD Dr. Gudrun Thäter
- Classes: Lecture (3102001), Problem class (3102002)
- Weekly hours: 4+2
This is the homepage for class in Advanced Mathematics II in the summer semester 2010.
|Lecture:||Tuesday 14:00-15:30||ID SR Raum 203||Begin: 13.4.2010|
|Wednesday 8:00-9:30||ID SR Raum 203|
|Problem class:||Thursday 9:45-11:15||ID SR Raum 202|
|Lecturer||PD Dr. Gudrun Thäter|
|Office hours: by appointment|
|Room 3.023 Kollegiengebäude Mathematik (20.30)|
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Problem classes||Dr. Susanne Schmitt|
|Room 4C-02 Allianz-Gebäude (05.20)|
In the summer semester, 11 problem sheets will be handed out, containing problems that are relevant for the exam. These will also be corrected by your tutor. Only the sheets 1 to 9 are used to for the testat which is a requirement for participating in the exam. For successfully obtaining the testat, at total of 113 points has to be obtained from sheets 1 to 9. Furthermore, on 7 of these sheets, a minimum of 5 point has to be obtained.
The problem sheets will be handed out in class. However, you can also download them here in the PDF format.
|1st sheet||solution New!||13.4.2010||22.4.2010||Differential equations: linear, separable, Bernoulli|
|2nd tut new!, 2nd sheet||solution||20.4.2010||29.4.2010||Vectors, basis, dimension, linear independence|
|3rd sheet||solution New!||27.4.2010||6.5.2010||Euclidean vector spaces|
|4th sheet||solution||4.5.2010||14.5.2010||Linear map, matrix calculus|
|5th sheet||solution New!||11.5.2010||20.5.2010||Determinants, coordinate transformation|
|6th sheet||solution||16.5.2010||2.6.2010||Eigenvalues, -vectors, differential equations with constant coefficients|
|7th sheet||solution||1.6.2010||10.6.2010||Euler differential equation, reduction of the order, linear system of differential equations|
|8th sheet||solution||8.6.2010||17.6.2010||Linear system of differential equations, method of undetermined coefficients, method of variation of parameters|
|9th sheet||solution||15.6.2010||24.6.2010||Power series method, numerical methods|
|10th sheet||solution||22.6.2010||1.7.2010||Integrals depending on parameters, Laplace transform|
|11th sheet||solution||29.6.2010||8.7.2010||Laplace transform and differential equations, convolution|
At the end of every semester, an examination in Advanced Mathematics II will take place (normally in July/August and in February/March). Having successfully obtained the testat is a requirement for participation.
The following materials may be used during the examination:
- The lecture notes for AM I and II including your handwritten notes,
- a handbook of formulae,
- an additional mathematical work.
Electronic devices (such as a pocket calculator) and collections of exam papers or loose sheets of paper are not allowed.
Besides the lecture notes, we can recommend the following text books
- T. Arens, F. Hettlich, Ch. Karpfinger, U. Kockelkorn, K. Lichtenegger, H. Stachel: Mathematik. Spektrum Akademischer Verlag, Heidelberg (in German).
- J. Stewart: Calculus, Early Transcendentals. Brooks/Cole Publishing Company.
- K. Burg, H. Haf, F. Wille: Höhere Mathematik für Ingenieure. Volumes I-III. Teubner Verlag, Stuttgart (in German).
- E. Kreyszig: Advanced Engineering Mathematics. John Wiley & Sons.
- E.W. Swokowski, M. Olinick, D. Pence, J.A. Cole: Calculus. PWS Publishing Company. Boston.