Wave propagation in periodic structures (Wintersemester 2020/21)
- Dozent*in: Dr. Ruming Zhang
- Veranstaltungen: Vorlesung (0100018), Übung (0100019)
- Semesterwochenstunden: 4+2
This lecture introduces theoretical analysis and numerical methods to simulate wave propagation in periodic structures. This is an interesting topic in both mathematics and other areas, such as nano-technology. In this lecture, we will study the well-posedness of this kind of problems and discuss the properties of the solutions. We will also introduce numerical methods to simulation the physical processes.
Preliminary course: functional analysis, partial differential equation, numerical analysis. However, we will review some important definitions and results at the beginning of this lecture.
For a better understanding of the wave propagations, I will share some MATLAB codes and figures corresponding to the contents. Students are also encouraged to write their own codes.
Please register this course on the platform ILIAS. Please send us an email with your KIT email address to register for the Microsoft Team IANM_WS200100018-Wave propagation in periodic structures. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me: email@example.com
|Vorlesung:||Dienstag 15:45-17:15||Begin: 03.11.2020 Online|
|Übung:||Mittwoch 14:00-15:30||Begin: 04.11.2020 Online|
|Dozentin, Übungsleiterin||Dr. Ruming Zhang|
|Sprechstunde: nach Vereinbarung|
|Zimmer 2.022 Kollegiengebäude Mathematik (20.30)|
- Theoretical and numerical analysis of quasi-periodic scattering problems (integral equation method, variational method)
- Floquet-Bloch Transform
- Wave propagating in open periodic waveguides
- Wave propagating in closed periodic waveguides (Floquet theory, eigenvalue problems)
- Numerical simulation of wave propagating in periodic waveguides (integral equation method, finite element method)
There will be an oral exam at the end of this semester.