Welcome to my personal homepage. You will find information about my junior research group "Numerical analysis of multiscale methods" on its own homepage and as associated project within the CRC 1173 "Wave phenomena" on the corresponding project page.
- multiscale (finite element) methods
- (numerical) homogenization
- (time-harmonic) wave propagation: Helmholtz and Maxwell equations
- quasilinear PDEs
|10/10 - 02/15||Bachelor and Master studies in mathematics with minor in physics, WWU Münster|
|03/15 - 09/18||Research associate, WWU Münster; PhD obtained 06/18|
|01/17 - 04/17||Participation in trimester programme multiscale problems, Hausdorff-Institute Bonn|
|10/18 - 05/20||Research associate (PostDoc), University of Augsburg|
|since 06/20||Junior research group leader, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)|
Awards and Prizes
- Dissertation prize of the University of Münster 2018
- Dr.-Klaus-Körper-Prize of the GAMM 2019
Teaching in previous semesters (Universities of Augsburg and Münster)
|Winter 2019/20||Lecture: Selected topics in numerics - Numerical analysis of acoustic and electromagnetic scattering problems|
|Seminar: Exponential (time) integrators (Bachelor)|
|Summer 2019||Lecture: Numerics of ordinary differential equations (together with D. Peterseim)|
|Seminar: Numerical methods and their applications (Bachelor) (together with D. Peterseim)|
|Seminar: Seminar on numerics (Master)|
|Winter 2018/19||Seminar: Introduction to differential equations in 1D (Bachelor)|
|Tutorials for the Lecture: Introduction to numerical mathematics (Numerics I)|
|Summer 18||Tutorials to Numerical Analysis|
- R. Altmann, B. Verfürth. A multiscale method for heterogeneous bulk-surface coupling. ArXiv Preprint 2005.06320, 2020.
- T. Chaumont-Frelet, B. Verfürth. A generalized finite element method for problems with sign-changing coefficients. ArXiv Preprint 2002.10818, 2020.
- B. Verfürth. Numerical homogenization for nonlinear stongly monotone problems. ArXiv Preprint 1907.01883, 2019.
- D. Peterseim, B. Verfürth. Computational high frequency scattering from high contrast heterogeneous media. Math. Comp., Vol. 89, No. 326, 2020, pp. 2649-2674.
- M. Ohlberger, B. Schweizer, M. Urban, B. Verfürth. Mathematical analysis of transmission properties of electromagnetic meta-materials. Netw. Het. Media, Vol. 15, No. 1, 2020, pp. 29–56.
- P. Hennig, R. Maier, D. Peterseim, D. Schillinger, B. Verfürth, M. Kästner. A diffuse modeling approach for embedded interfaces in linear elasticity. To appear in GAMM Mitteilungen, 2019.
- B. Verfürth. Heterogeneous Multiscale Method for the Maxwell equations with high contrast. ESAIM Math. Model. Numer. Anal., Vol. 53, No. 1, 2019, pp. 35–61.
- D. Gallistl, P. Henning, B. Verfürth. Numerical homogenization of H(curl)-problems. SIAM J. Numer. Anal., Vol. 56, No. 3, 2018, pp. 1570–1596.
- M. Ohlberger, B. Verfürth. A new Heterogeneous Multiscale Method for the Helmholtz equation with high contrast. Multiscale Model. Simul., Vol. 16, No. 1, 2018, pp. 385–411.
- M. Ohlberger, B. Verfürth. Localized Orthogonal Decomposition for two-scale Helmholtz-type problems. AIMS Mathematics, Vol. 2, No. 3, 2017, pp. 458–478.
- P. Henning, M. Ohlberger, B. Verfürth. A new Heterogeneous Multiscale Method for time-harmonic Maxwell's equations. SIAM J. Numer. Anal., Vol. 454, No. 6, 2016, pp. 3493–3522.
- D. Peterseim, D. Varga, B. Verfürth. From Domain Decomposition to Homogenization Theory. To appear in DD25 proceedings, 2019.
- B. Verfürth. Computational multiscale method for nonlinear monotone elliptic equations. Oberwolfach Reports 35, 2019.
- B. Verfürth. Numerical homogenization for indefinite H(curl)-problems. In Proceedings of Equadiff 2017 conference, edited by K. Mikula, D. Sevcovic, J. Urban, pp. 137–146, 2017.
- P. Henning, M. Ohlberger, B. Verfürth. Analysis of multiscale methods for time-harmonic Maxwell's equations. In Proc. Appl. Math. Mech. 16, pp. 559–560, 2016.
- B. Verfürth. Numerical multiscale methods for Maxwell's equations in heterogeneous media. Dissertation, WWU Münster, 2018.
- B. Verfürth. Numerical analysis of multiscale methods for Maxwell equations. Masterarbeit, WWU Münster, 2015.
- B. Verfürth. Homogenisierung für nichtlineare Hindernisprobleme. Bachelorarbeit, WWU Münster, 2013.
|03/20||Seminar Numerical Analysis, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden. (Invited seminar talk)|
|01/20||Bayerische Akademie der Wissenschaften. (Invited talk)|
|10/19||ENUMATH, Egmond an Zee, The Netherlands. (Invited Talk in a minisymposium)|
|10/19||Organization of a minisymposium (together with D. Gallistl, M. Schlottbom), ENUMATH, Egmond an Zee, The Netherlands.|
|09/19||9th Singular Days, Kassel. (Contributed talk)|
|09/19||Annual meeting of the GAMM workgoup on Numerical Analysis, Essen. (Contributed talk)|
|07/19||Oberwolfach workshop "Computational multiscale methods" (by B. Engquist, D. Peterseim). (Invited talk)|
|06/19||MAFELAP, Brunel University London. (Invited talk in a minisymposium)|
|05/19||Computational and Applied Mathematics Seminar, Chalmers University of Technology Gothenburg, Sweden. (Invited seminar talk)|
|02/19||GAMM Jahrestagung, Wien. (Invited talk in a section)|
|10/18||GAMM workshop on numerical analysis, Augsburg.|
|06/18||Workshop on Interplay of multiscale data assimilation and data science with advanced PDE discretizations, ESI Wien. (Invited talk)|
|06/18||European Finite Element Fair, Heidelberg. (Contributed talk)|
|03/18||4th Applied Math Symposium Münster.|
|03/18||(Co-)Organization of the 4th Applied Math Symposium Münster.|
|03/18||Joint annual meeting of GDMV and DMV, Paderborn.|
|01/18||Universität Augsburg. (Invited seminar talk)|
|09/17||ENUMATH 2017, Voss, Norway. (Invited talk in a minisymposium)|
|07/17||(Co-)Organization of a minisymposium, Equadiff 2017, Bratislava.|
|07/17||Equadiff 2017, Bratislava. (Minisymposium talk)|
|07/17||Karlsruhe Institut für Technologie (KIT). (Invited seminar talk)|
|03/17||Hausdorff-Institut Bonn. (Seminar talk)|
|11/16||METAMATH workshop, Cargèse, Corse, France. (Invited talk)|
|05/16||European Finite Element Fair, Bonn. (Contributed talk)|
|03/16||Joint annual meeting of GAMM and DMV, Braunschweig. (Contributed talk)|