Prof. Dr. Günter Last
- by appointment.
- Kollegiengebäude Mathematik (20.30)
- 2.001, Sekretariat 2.056
- +49 721 608 46698
- Stochastic processes and their application
- Stochastic geometry
A list of my publications and pdf-files of some of my talks can be found here.
Textbook on the Poisson Process
Here you find the textbook "Lectures on the Poisson Process"
by Günter Last and Mathew Penrose
IMS Textbook by Cambridge University Press.
A list of supervised diploma-theses can be found here.
A list of my PhD-students can be found here.
DFG Research Unit
- Associate Editor of Electronic Journal of Probability and Electronic Communications in Probability (since 2018)
- Associate Editor of Applied Probability Journals (2005-2019)
- Speaker of the DFG Research Unit Geometry and Physics of Spatial Random Systems (2011-2018)
- Member of the Managing Comittee of the Fachgruppe Stochastik (2004-2008)
- Associate Editor of Queueing Systems: Theory and Applications (2001-2007)
Norbert Henze und Günter Last: Mathematik für Wirtschaftsingenieure
und für naturwissenschaftlich-technische Studiengänge
Band 1: Grundlagen, Analysis, Stochastik, Lineare Gleichungssysteme
Band 2: Analysis im R^n, Stochastik, Lineare Algebra, Fourieranalyse, Differentialgleichungen, Stochastik
Günter Last received the diploma degree in mathematics from Humboldt-University in Berlin in 1984 and the PhD. also from the same university in 1987. He worked there as a scientific assistent till 1992. Then he moved to Technical University in Braunschweig, where he received Dr. Sc. degree in 1995. In 1995/96 he spent one semester as a visiting professor at the University of Kaiserslautern and 1996/97 he spent one year as visiting professor at the University of Bonn. Since 2000 he is professor (C4, since 2009 W3) at the University of Karlsruhe.